Saturday 16 January 2010

After Dark, Central Park

Whilst spying on Anne Hathaway performing in Shakespeare in the Park, a distant rhythm caught my ear. It was not dissimilar to the thumping sound my sisters back in Bunola would make with their little groundhog legs whenever they were in the mood for some woodchuck lovin'. As I moved closer, all I could see was people's asses wigglin' from behind.

I'm only short, people - MOVE!

So I pushed my way to the front for a better vantage point.


The people appeared to be leg thumping like my sisters back in Bunola, only this time, with panache.

It was sort of like a line dance, but with better music and better looking people and better clothes. And better hair.

Here are some Euros doing the Barbara Cartland version of dance overkill: salsa to deep soulful house on rollerblades whilst wearing chinos and a swimming pool cover. And smiling. Lame.


People loved me... this is the DJ, the best dancer (check out that HAIR), and some juicy pleb.

Meet Will. He's from Brooklyn, and comes to Central Park every Sunday to skate and watch pretty girls bang those legs all over the place. He had a great smile, and took me for a spin on his wheels.


No comments:

Post a Comment